Today is the first day of my planned 40-day journey for breaking some old habits and building up some new ones, while also to reinforce some desirable, edifying old habits.
Actions in the next 40 days:
1. No TV including no viewing of videos online except online sermons and Christian teachings.
2. No browsing of ALL entertainment related news – getting rid of interest in trivia.
3. Finish reading the books I have that I have not finished reading – am I glad that Wu Qingkang recently expressed similar actions, and he was as repentant as I am.
4. If worthy, record sentences, vocabulary or concepts I read from the books.
5. Stop listening to Shinhwa & Shin Hye Sung’s songs (for 40 days), in fact all Kpop songs – to make sure I am not idolising Shinhwa.
6. Keep reading Bible, praying, and worshipping.
7. Watch online sermons since I can’t attend.
8. Listen to radio, cause that motivates my thinking process while watching TV or videos actually numbs it.
9. Keep ensuring I drink at least 7 cups of liquid a day, vegetables are must-have. Will try to eat fruits more regularly (am eating grapes while typing).
10. Go to bed earlier, wake up earlier.
11. Have substantial breakfast everyday (today I had oatmeal with almonds and dried prunes).